Helloooooo Summer! I know, I know… summer doesn’t technically start for another couple weeks, but Memorial Day Weekend always feels like the real beginning. And especially this year when it’s been hot and sticky for daaaays and I haven’t even been able to bring myself to put on real clothes (see: yoga shorts, tanks, sports bras, bare feet) all week.
That’s why you’ve gotta whip up these refreshing Strawberry Pineapple Popsicles this weekend. Luke ordered these popsicle molds for me late last summer after listening to me go on and on about how much I NEEDED them. After moving with us and subsequently hanging out in the cabinet for a few months, we finally broke ’em out.
These little babies are a joy. I’m so excited by the possibilities for this this summer. Fruit popsicles, homemade fudgesicles (woah!), gin & tonic-sicles (now we’re talking). Bring it on.
Start with these darling little fruity pops! A quick puree of pineapple and strawberry chunks whipped with some Dole Pineapple Orange juice (just plain ol’ OJ will be fine too). And voila! Cool, refreshing, summery popsicles!
- 1 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1 1/2 cup strawberries (stems removed)
- 2 cups fruit juice (I used Pineapple Orange, but OJ would be great!)
- In a high-speed blender, puree the pineapples and strawberries.
- Add in the fruit juice and blend.
- Carefully fill your popsicle molds up to the top line and clicks the lids on tight!
- Freeze for 3+ hours. These will keep in the freezer for up to 2 months.