Skillet Potato Breakfast Bowl
One of my favorite lazy weekend morning breakfasts… super quick to pull together and tastes delish! Super versatile. Toss in any veggies in the crisper. Sometimes we even get naughty and chop up some crispy bacon in there! Top with anything you like—avos, salsa, fresh herbs, you name it!
- 2 sliced bacon, diced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 red pepper, diced
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 white onion, diced
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes
- 1/4 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- Heat a skillet to medium heat. Toss in the diced bacon and stir. Cook until browned. Remove from the pan with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Return the pan to heat and add in the olive oil, peppers, onions and potatoes. Stir to coat. Toss in the back pepper, crushed red pepper, garlic powder and salt. Cook for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the bacon, stir and cook another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a small skillet, fry an egg any way you like. Add salt and pepper.
- To serve, spoon the potatoes into the bowl and top with the egg.