Red White and Blueberry Burgers
Every good 4th of July meal includes hamburgers and hotdogs fresh off the grill with ketchup, mustard, chips and every kind of side summer salad imaginable, right?!
Well, a plain ol’ hamburger is good many days of the year, but why do something a little extra for the 4th?! Like making these ultra-festive Red, White and Blueberry Burgers!
These delicious Red White and Blueberry Burgers feature melty brie (white cheddar would be fine if you’re trying to stay uber-American), sliced cherry peppers and Savory Blueberry Sauce.
Not only is the blueberry sauce fitting for the occasion, but it’s a super tasty balance of sweet, smoky and spicy. Pairing it with a juicy burger is simply a match made in heaven!
The blueberry sauce recipe takes just about 20 minutes to make and will provide you with some extra sauce to dip veggies, chips or fries into later on! Grab the quick recipe here.
How to Make Red White and Blueberry Burgers for 4th of July:
1. Red: Slice cherry peppers for a bright pop + spicy kick.
2. White: Cut a few pieces of brie that will melt quickly over hot burgers.
3. Blue: Make a batch of Savory Blueberry Sauce to drizzle over the whole thing.
4. Layer this edible American flag over a juicy, just off the grill burger.
5. Serve with a cold beer or a refreshing wine spritzer!
- 1 1/3 lb ground beef
- 4 brioche buns
- 4 cherry peppers sliced
- 4 slices brie
- 1 batch Savory Blueberry Sauce (see below)
Mix up a batch of this Savory Blueberry Sauce
Season the ground beef with a little salt and pepper. Form into 4 patties and set aside.
Heat the grill to medium-high and cook burgers to desired done-ness. Toast the insides of the brioche buns on the upper rack of the grill for 3 minutes to warm.
Build your burgers. Place the patty on the brioche bun, top with a slice of brie, 1 sliced cherry pepper and a dollop of blueberry sauce. Serve!