After years and years of trying and failing, this is it…
I’ve finally perfected my oven fries!
I’ve always dreamed of being able to make easy oven fries that are soft on the inside with a serious crust on the outside, that hold up to dipping and that are crispy and crunchy and everything we want in a fry.
I had to record the recipe for these fries so I don’t forget a thing when I go to make them again. And I’m so happy to be able to share it.
I added some dried sage and thyme to these fries prior to baking because they were the side to my Bistro Burgers on a French-inspired evening. Feel free to skip these spices or experiment with any of your own!
And be prepared to dip ’em. I served these with the leftover garlic aioli from my burgers, but there’s nothing wrong with a good squirt of ketchup or a splash of malt vinegar!
Now… anyone have any tips for crispy sweet potato fries?
Easy Oven Fries
Makes 4 servings
5 medium size white potatoes
2-3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
1/2 teaspoon dried sage (optional)
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 425ª F.
2. Wash and dry potatoes. Scrub the outer skin well since we’ll leave the skins on.
3. Cut potatoes into match sticks of about 1/2 inch thick. Imperfect is okay!
4. Spread on a sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil. Sprinkle on all seasonings. Toss with you hands to fully coat.
5. Bake in oven for 45 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Stir and turn the pan around halfway through the cook time.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with some additional salt. Serve warm with condiment of choice (garlic aioli is a stellar choice here!)