BBQ Kale Chips with Himalayan Pink Salt
In need of a super quick and healthy snack? Elevate your snack game with these BBQ Kale Chips with Himalayan Pink Salt.
Kale chips used to be all the rage circa 2013 and I honestly totally forgot about them until a couple weeks back when these were born out of necessity. We were making burgers and I had nothing to go with them (the horror!), but there was a wilting bunch of kale in the fridge and this Penzey’s BBQ 3000 had been sitting in the back of my cabinet for far too long just begging to be used.
Thus were born the BBQ Kale Chips with Himalayan Pink Salt. They were AMAZE. And I had to share them. Plus, now that “BBQ season is coming” (in the Game of Thrones accent, of course), I’m certain that we’ll use that jar in a hot second.
- 1 bunch kale leaves, stems removed
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Penzey's BBQ 3000 seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Himalayan Pink Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 300°F
- Rip the kale leaves into 3-4 inches pieces (they'll shrink drastically in the oven)
- Spread the leaves out into a baking sheet
- Drizzle with the olive oil and toss with hands to coat.
- Sprinkle the seasonings on (except for the pink salt) and toss to coat again.
- Bake in oven for 20 minutes total, flipping them halfway through.
- Remove from oven and let cool a minute. Give them another couple shakes of BBQ seasoning and a good sprinkle of Himalayan pink salt.